– BodyTree Academy (BTA) Certified Pilates Teacher
– BTA Pilates Matwork Teacher
– Fletcher Pilates® Qualified Teacher
– BTA Movement Anatomy™ (Biomechanics & Pathologies)
– Pelvic Floor Health & Dysfunction (The Center for Women’s Fitness)
– Yin Yoga, TCM and Anatomy Teacher Training
– Advanced Teacher Training (Bryce Yoga)
– Prenatal and Postnatal Prescription (Penny Elliott)
– Barefoot Training Specialist® Level 1,2, 3
– BARE® Workout Instructor
– Certified Stretch Therapy Teacher
– Pelvic Floor & Core Foundations (Burrell Education)
– Women’s Wellness and Whole Body Vibration (Burrell Education)
– Understanding Acute & Chronic Lumbar & Pelvic Girdle pain: An evidence based workshop on clinical anatomy, biomechanics & effective rehabilitation (Physio Asia Academy)
– Core Foundations (The Tummy Team)
Priscilla is a fully-certified movement specialist who first encountered Yoga more than 10 years ago. In 2012, she joined Pilates Teacher Training courses to learn more about the principles and fundamentals of Pilates, and how the exercise can improve her Yoga practice. She is certified by Fletcher Pilates and BodyTree Academy in all apparatus and is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified yoga practitioner.
Safety of her students and effectiveness of each movement remain a priority for Priscilla as an instructor. Her keen interest and knowledge in the human anatomy ultimately forms the fundamental framework of her classes. Having personally encountered injuries, she puts her 100% focus on her students to ensure correct movements so as to avoid injuries and improve overall strength and flexibility.
Priscilla has never looked back since she ventured into the world of Pilates. She aspires to help her students understand the importance of active movement, a combination of body-awareness, core-strength, and *prehabilitation (optimising physical functionality to prevent injuries) in their every day. Her passion spurs her to continually deepen her knowledge, as well as empower her students to experience the benefits that Pilates can bring to their body.
When Yoga Meets Pilates – #MyPilatesStory
In the first of our #MyPilatesStory series featuring our PBT teachers, Priscilla shares about her love for yoga, and how Pilates helped enhanced her practice. Different body types need to be challenged differently, and Priscilla discovered that being too flexible comes with its own set of physical problems. This July, she will be sharing more about how you can experience injury-free yoga for your body type.Attend the workshop, 'Can you shoulder your downdog?' on July 8 2017Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/698202477033169/Get tickets: http://www.pilatesbodytree.com/downdog/
Posted by Pilates BodyTree on Tuesday, June 20, 2017